Moral De La Femme

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

Society builds this acceptable environment. If the audience see their role models wear little clothing, they're going to do the same thing. Materials of clothing most definitely affect the changes in centuries because everything changes no matter what.

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

Back in the day, men did play a big role with how women were dressing. It is only because the women had no voice. Their role was to cook & clean. So there's no space in between to tell their men their opinions. Honestly, I think that since society is so judgmental that it cause a lot of controversy. Religious people are definitely against showing skin, but people who don't care obviously don't care.

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

Honestly, it all depends on the person. If the person who has respect & let say one day that they want to try something new, then they will dress in a "slutty" way. But there are some people who have enough respect to refused to dress in a "slutty" way. Also, corsets were not comfortable at all. Just imagine yourself being ties up all day. Nowadays, the tightest thing on your body parts is a bra. It's so uncomfortable when it's tight but when you take it off, you get that amazing feeling. So no, it's not comfortable.

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

Fashion came around the French Revolution because France affected the lifestyles of people & their styles of fashion. The first clothes designer was Charles Frederick Worth.

Pauline Garcia (Student 2013)
Pauline Garcia

Do you think men play a big role on why the evolution of the women's clothes changed? Did it make a big conspiracy or huge argument when girls started to show more skin?

Catherine Nardone (Student 2013)
Catherine Nardone

I really liked that you pointed out the fact that women dressed for respect… So my question is, there are a lot of women or girls who DO have respect, but there are also a handful of them who don't. But, do the ones who actually have respect for people and themselves, will they sometimes stoop so low as to wear revealing articles of clothing, just because it's "the style?" Also, how uncomfortable were corsets? I feel like I'd die if I wore one.

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

I can't give you an exact answer of why girls started to wear less clothes. But, I can give you my opinion on it or why I think it is. Girls started wearing less clothes because of what they see on tv or their environment. Also, they get attention from guys. Some girls just like attention. But I also think that this is just a fashion of modification from the 90's. The women that I've shown on the website are grown woman. And they just go by with what their husband's or dad say. From that point, it does have an effect on certain people because there are going to be times where someone is just going to say "I don't wanna wear all these clothes." So it's all depends on society. "One person can make a revolution."

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

There were plenty of fabric so there shouldn't be "a lack of access." The way women dress is the way they present themselves. Higher class women receive their clothes from Europe and lower class women made their clothes from their bare hands. During the time, women didn't really have a right with how they were dressing. Fathers, husband, and brothers were the answer to all their question. Whatever the male told them to do, women would do it.