Negative Space and Clouds Feat Green and Orange

​Negative space is the space in between objects. It is the shapes in the background. 

The year was 1972. I was a ripe young 6 years old, and ignorant to the world around me. I was highly educated from a young age, and had matured beyond my age level. It was a past time of mine to simply stroll through the streets of the Manhattan Village in which I presided. I would examine the sky, I would take in the street lamps, I was fascinated by the glow of the city, and imagined a future as great as the one I dreamt. There was a bench on the pathway that I enjoyed resting my fine buttocks on after a brisk walk through the village. As I sat there one day, legs crossed, I observed my surroundings and taking in the beauty of the oasis I had found. I stared up at one of the street lamps, noticing the space behind the bulb. I looked closer, and identified something incredible. I like to call it, NEGATIVE SPACE.

Negative space enhances drawings, and makes it easier for an artist to see the actual object, and really internalize it. I found the negative space by looking past the still life, and looking through the vail that is POSITIVE SPACE.

Photo on 4-27-12 at 10.58 AM #3
Photo on 4-27-12 at 10.58 AM #3
Photo on 4-27-12 at 10.59 AM #3
Photo on 4-27-12 at 10.59 AM #3
Photo on 4-27-12 at 11.23 AM
Photo on 4-27-12 at 11.23 AM