Q2_Art Pieces_Garcia

Artist Statement

For this quarter we had many more assignments than we did in the last one. We had to draw a large clear object and get all the aspects of it. Get the shading, the shadow, and anything else that could make the clear object look more real. We also had to take 200 pictures and edit 5 of the pictures on an application named photo shop. Which I would have to say was my favorite part of this quarter. Doing something that I usually do but for school. I got to learn much more on photoshop while I was figuring out what every little thing did. Another assignment we had this quarter was an Internet sculpture, which was finding craft ideas online and recreating them. We also drew a bike in negative space and copied a artist art piece. 

For my internet sculpture I made a robot box. I got the idea from the wallpaper I had set on my phone and checked online if there was a specific process I was supposed to follow. It was fun to make the robot box, even after I was done and knew I didn't need it I still kept it and used it for all kinds of things. For "Copy a master" I did The Scream by Edvard Munch and when I first saw it it caught my eye. Not just the guy screaming at the center of the art piece but the colors behind it, everything that was going on that most people wouldn't notice. Though my recreation of the art piece wasn't 100% exact you still have the same situation with the color going on, which is what I was mostly concentrating on more then making the guy seem familiar to the real one in the painting. 

Large Internet Sculpture

IMAG0563
IMAG0563
Copy A Master
IMAG0562
IMAG0562
​Internet Sculpture 
​5 Edited Pictures
(Some of these pictures are gifs)
Primo
Primo
picasion.com_dd52651a7221d5e6f76250bce173d1e0
Best-Friend
Best-Friend
IMAG0322
IMAG0322
IMAG0332
IMAG0332