SLA Track and Field Update

On April 19th, during the hottest meet so far, SLA Track and Field team had their strongest showing of the season at the South Philly Super Site. There were nine teams participating. A significant number of SLA member's got personal records and several events where won by SLA students. 

Some of highlights from the meet were: Karly Borenstien and Marina Stuart getting second place in the 100 meter dash in their respected heats. Naquan Harding got a personal record in the 100 meter (11.75). Serena Shuman winning both the 1600 meter race and the 800 meter race. Matt Ferry and Dan Wirt getting personal records in 1600 meter race (4:58., and 5'32".) Nadir Meeks getting a personal record in the 400 meter dash (57.6.) The boys 4x100 relay (Doug Wallace, Jason Davis, Tariq Smith, and Trevor Hinton) getting second place and a personal record of 44.44. Wynn Geary getting a personal record in the 800 meter race. Matt Ferry and Katherine Hunt both getting second in the 3200 meter race, and Matt getting a personal record as well. The boys 4x400 relay (Jason Davis, Doug Wallace, Nadir Meeks, Tariq Smith) team getting a personal record of 3:49. Karly Borenstien getting first place in her heat of the 200 meter dash. Finally, Marina Stuart winning both the long jump and triple jump, and getting season personal records in both( 15'2" and 32'0") and Martha Robles getting a personal record in the long jump (13'0"). All these wins and amazing times and distances secured the girls team tying for first place with a score of 94 points with Mastery Charter School. 

This Friday, 4/27, the boys 4x100 team will be competing at the Penn Relays, the largest annual track and field meet in the world. Wish them luck!