Serge Mass Macbeth Shoe

My project is about how Macbeth's character changed as the story progressed. It shows how he was in the beginning of the story to the end with the use of color. I chose to use a shoe because I have a passion of collecting shoes. The red paint on the shoe shows the blood Macbeth is in and how the blood is corrupting him and his sanity. Then the red turns to black to signify his down fall. 

My process with this project was pretty long. I put in about 8 1/2 hours of work for this piece of art. I had to plaster a pair of black canvas vans. Then paint them red. Then let them dry. After I had to paint the back half black. Then after the shoe was done I had to write all 5 quotes on the nylon ribbon. Then to make the white nylon ribbon look like shoe laces, I made gold lace tips. Then on my canvas board, I hot glued red and black ribbon to the canvas and made them intersect at one point to show the transition and change of Macbeth's character. Once all the glue was dry, I glued the shoe to the board and the laces crossing the shoe. 

One difficulty I encountered was the plaster would not mold to the shoe. I had to cool the hot glue and glue the plaster to the shoe. If I would of use the hot glue when it was hot, it would of burned through the plaster and ruined my work.

I am most proud of my final product because it was the hardest I have ever worked on a project and I feel passionate about my work.

I would of used a jordan sneaker and I would of used my Angelus paint to make a custom wearable shoe. It would have been amazing.

I learned that time and hard work pays off because I spent my whole day sunday to do this project and it was worth it. 

I learned that if I don't rush things I can have an amazing output or product. I am capable of so much if I take my time. It shows in my pictures below. I also learned that I have a tendency to rush things.