A day in the life

​After understanding the lifestyle of an average 12 year old in Pakistan, I am so thankful for the way I live. I thought it was really surprising how when children go to a public school, people automatically judge their class level. The families who could afford to send their children to school were the ones that were treated with respect. If a child went to public school, people are extremely judgmental because of how weak the public school system in Pakistan is. I expected that the health care was really bad in Pakistan because illnesses like Hepatitis are so common there and there are huge problems with sicknesses from the unfiltered water. Everybody has to boil their water before they drink it because of how unsanitary thew water is.  When I was 12, I had no responsibilities which is so different from the children's lifestyles in Pakistan. The average village kid has the same amount of responsibilities as a parent in America. I think when they are 40, they will be doing the same amount of work and try to pass it on to their children because that is just how their culture and tradition works.