Advance Essay #2

Intro: Hi this is Josh And my essay is about the a memory of creating a creative essay and the positives and negatives of it.

The one memory I have was in 9th grade and they told us to write a creative essay and I for the life of me could not think of anything and it was due in only in a few days so I became stressed and worried about not turning in the assignment and not getting a good grade. I thought I could write something random and wacky, but that won't get a good grade.

The quote: You should write what you really know — as opposed to a slick, bowdlerized version of what you know.”  means is that don’t write down or type anything random because either you won’t get you anywhere, you won’t get a good grade and remark, or you can easily offend someone. It also means do not fake anything that you know or else you will get caught and there will be consequences at the end. Also you how to not make yourself a big shot by making up real cool stories to make yourself the best person to hang out with because at one point they are going to eventually find out what you wrote is not true and they are going to be upset because you lied to them about yourself and they do not want to hang out with you and you are left with no friends who support you and help you.

I know how some people have the same situation I went through, but I truly know that everyone has their own experience of this situation. Also some people have this problem if someone gives them a particular topic that they do not know anything about. Some people in these situations react in different ways and forms. It it can go from not caring at all to being really worried about the situation. I am trying to say people with their own experience react in many different ways.

In the first part told you about the the negative things in creative writing and now I am going to tell you the positive things about creative writing.

One of the positive things about creative writing is you can be creative about as it says in creative writing. You can create anything you want, but do not go overboard with the word creative. The paper or Google doc is your canvas. You can write (to an extent) anything that your heart desires. The meaning of a creative story, you can choose how long it can be, the topic, the genre, even the characters, just do not get carried away with the creativity. It has to at least make sense in a way in which people can understand what you wrote about and the the plot has to make sense in order for the entire story make sense. Creative writing is like putting together a puzzle, you after put the right pieces in the right place in order for it to make sense. You can not just put anything you want in any place in the story or else it will not make any sense and your friends will not understand what is happening in the story and they will not able to get a sense of what the plot is, so this is why you need to put the parts in the right place just like a puzzle. So do not go willy nilly when you start writing your creative story do not write anything vulgar, extravagant, offensive, negative to other people. So be careful when you write a creative story and try not hurt anybody’s feelings

The other positive things about writing a essay is expressing yourself to a full extent. Writing how you feel or how you felt in the past. Just do not write anything that is dark,disturbing, traumatizing or else they think you are a creepy or a messed up person and they will not hang it out with you. Only write the positives things in your life and pay no attention bad things in your life. You can write things like parties or events that happened in your life. Do not write anything sad or depressing things such as a past away family member or one of your family members has cancer. Do not write anything of the negative things in life and focus on the positive things in life.

The final thing I want to say is that the literacy I chose because it makes you feel like you are in the situation right then and there.