Anxiety won't stop no one!

It’s Briannie Matos again with another post about anxiety. As you know anxiety is a very serious topic. Throughout the beginning of my research I found a bunch of facts and statistics about anxiety. You can find all of this information in my first blog post, which you should really go check out! As my original research I decided to interview my Aunt who suffers from anxiety. I learned so much about her and she gave great advice to those who also suffer from anxiety. If you would like to listen to the interview and read more about my topic you should go check out my second blog post as well.

Anxiety is really such a big part of my life and I wanted to show people that there are ways to cope with it. For my agent of change I decided to create a care package for my aunt who was also apart of my original research. In the basket there will be a 2 books, some chocolate, and some puzzles, such as crossword and wordsearch. I know this will help her because she has a hard time everyday dealing with her anxiety. She does live in New York so I will be mailing it over to her house so she wouldn’t have to wait until I go to visit her.

Thinking of how I wanted to do my agent of change was very difficult. At first I wanted to give care packages to those who have anxiety but I realized it wouldn’t have worked out because of the costs. After that, I wanted to raffle off some care packages but it was too late and I did not have enough time. That’s when my English teacher, Ms. Giknis, gave me the idea of making homemade stress balls and even gave me a way to make them. The stress balls did not work out either so that’s when I just decided to make a care package for my aunt.

IMG_7598.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG

Here are images of me putting together the care package for my aunt.

Going more into anxiety has made me understand it so much more. I knew anxiety was bad but getting to know more about my aunt’s anxiety and reading articles about other people has really opened up my eyes more. I will say it was a great experience actually getting to become an agent of change instead of just having to write a paper about everything I learned about. This project was very different but a good different. I’m glad I got to learn so much more about anxiety because now I know how to help my friends and family who suffer from anxiety, including myself.

Having to deal with anxiety is a real big struggle, especially when you need medication to control it. It’s a disorder that just can’t go away but it’s something that people can learn to cope with. I’ve learned many great ways to cope with anxiety and now for the future I plan to keep on helping those who suffer from anxiety.

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is an image of my aunt, my grandmother, and my mother. Even though she suffers from anxiety she will always have that big smile on her face.

Please visit my annotated bibliography for more information.