Benchmark Reflection

1. How does this project relate to the real world? This project relates to the real world in many ways. For one, if you need to paint your walls, or hang wallpaper up, you need to know the height of your wall. You could use the mirror method or one of the other methods to help you. Also, maybe in your career later in life you will need to find the height of objects that are too big to measure by hand.
  2. What was the most exciting portion of this project and why? What was the least exciting portion of this project and why? The most exciting portion of this project was getting it turned in! This project was the most stressful benchmark I've ever had. Other than that, I liked drawing and coloring the blueprint and making it my own. The least exciting portion to this project was the stress of working in a group you didn't choose to work with. I've never worked with these people before so it was hard for me to get stuff done with them. Other than that, I guess going outside and getting the measurements wasn't very exciting. It was freezing.
  3. What did you learn from completing this project? I learned that you have to be patient with your group mates. Also, its every man for himself in this type of situation. When in a group project, but doing individual parts, you have to focus on getting your own work done. I also learned that using your eyes to estimate is crucial in architecture. Since there was no way to actually measure by hand the height of my building myself, I had to take all the measurements I had and guess which one was right based on what it looked like.