Blog Post #3: Curfew

Only one person from the council didn't approve of the "Curfew" law all of the other council members signed and approved for it. There is support coming from all over the city to back up the "curfew" in a way where they don't approve. When the law was being decided there were signs up stating "Shame ! shame!" That the kids aren't the problem. One woman from the protests against the "Curfew Law" stated, "The kids are not the problem." Jim Lynam is also another person who isn't't in support of the curfew. He states that, "I never had curfews with my kids."

curfewimg00708-20111027-1252
curfewimg00708-20111027-1252
The media is giving into this very much because the people of the city are in support of the law but are also aren't in support. The main focus for the law is to keep kids off of the streets and into well managed areas during a right time. I also believe that the news in particular is really looking into this case because now the law is "more restrictive." Not many people are into the law which, is why the people still have a say in this.

no-curfew-85262389
no-curfew-85262389
The main opponent in this Law is Mayor Nutter. "There comes a point, whether in the neighborhood or anywhere else, where they basically should either be home or in the care and custody of their parent or guardian.” Mayor Nutter is of great power he is one the most powerful people in the city because he's the mayor. He is the one who believes that teens should be inside by a certain time because of all the trouble that occurs during the night such as "flashmobs." I don't believe that there are any policies regarding the support of no "Curfew" there are many policies regarding the curfew law though. I believe that I would nee to work with someone of great power in order to make this non curfew a policy.
220px-Michael_Nutter
220px-Michael_Nutter
One main stakeholder would be the national youth rights association organization. This organization allows a teen who is oppose of the curfew law to help make a campaign and support and advertise all over their city or state. "Fight Back Against your City's Curfew." I believe that the ones who definitely help support the non-curfew policy would definitely be the one council member who didn't approve of the law in the first place. I believe that this council member would be of great assistance. If I got this one council member to approve of doing a policy or anti-curfew than from there we would be able to move decisions and opinions in a way where the public is aware of the actions that we are making and to also consider other council members to change there mind as well. Sponsoring, convincing  and advertising is all we really need because overall we have a pretty good idea and feel of the overall topic at hand. Everyone has their own opinion.
nyra_logo_220x109
nyra_logo_220x109
​The one council member, the organization, those who are in support of no curfew and the public as well. I believe that with the support of all these people also incorporating the support of those who are popular in sports such as Jim Lynam where he can help get the people of the city aware of this. If he gets the "word out" meaning speaks out on this then the people who are for the curfew might have a different view on this topic.
I can influence the people and those of great power such as the mayor to notice what we are trying to do. The entirety of the entire curfew law process has already reached it end basically the law is set and already in progress. There are no deadlines or meetings here right now.