Blog Post #3 (Ryan Francis)

1. What is the status of your issue at the legislature? Is this a "good" year?

How many elected officials have indicated support for your issue? Is there public support behind it, with good media attention? Who are your opponents, and how much power do they have? Has a policy been written to address your issue, or do you need to work with an elected official to write one?

Blondell Reynolds Brown

BRBphoto_LG

Councilwoman Blondell  is an educator, community activist, political leader and concerned parent, her focus and commitment to help others defined her work prior to her election to Philadelphia City Council. Councilwoman Reynolds Brown devotes her programmatic and legislative efforts toward improving the quality of life for our city’s most vulnerable citizens, children.

Maria D. Quinones-Sanchez

MDQSLG
Councilwoman Sanchez serves as Chair of the Committee of Licenses and Inspections, Vice Chair of the Streets and Services and also serves on Appropriations; Labor and Civil Service; Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs; Commerce and Economic Development; Public Health and Human Services; Education; Housing, Neighborhood Development and the Homeless and the Disabled and the Handicapped.
Donna Miller
Council President Anna C. Verna - 2nd District
A lifelong resident of Germantown, Councilwoman Miller has dedicated more than thirty years of public service as a professional or volunteer. Councilwoman Miller currently serves on City Council’s “Committee of the Whole, Appropriations, Housing and Homeless, Streets and Services, Ethics, Environment, Rules and Public Property.
Darrell Clark