Copper Cu Stamp!

IMG_7861 (1).JPG

Hi my name is Orlando Aguayo and I'm a upcoming sophomore. So this project has taken place in my Biochem class and Ar class for a final mini project. We all got different elements of the periodic table, my element was Cu which is copper. So in art we had to create a stamp for our element with its atomic number, name, and what's it's used for. For my element which is Copper the atomic number is 29. For my stamp I drew a wire and a outlet because the two tails that hang out is made out of copper.

My element was found in Egypt by the egyptians and was used for Ankh. But later on was found in iraq because the egyptian tribes. Over the years people used it in mechanical engineering, they make electric heaters, Air conditioners, and car engine parts.

I chose to make a wire and outlet  because I used chargers all the time and it's amazing how things work so fast thanks to copper because it connects to energy faster than any other metal. It also is different from others because they usually make things that is very common to draw but I actually researched cool things that are mad out of copper and that was the best piece.

The procedure I followed to make my work the best it can be is by making sure I have great back ground knowledge on it and what things it made with. Than I started to make a couple drawings to see which one was best than made it 4X8. Last but not least I traced it on a piece of cooking paper, than traced on to a foam paper. Finally I chose a color and painted my foam stamp and put it on a paper 6 times and chose the best 3.

Finally if I can do this project again I would make different objects instead of just one object because I could have made my element more look more interesting that's the only thing. But my favorite part of this project is the painting because we chose a color, painted the foam stamp, and added pressure to get the stamp to make the but stamp!