Courtesy phrases (thanks, excuse me, please).

Have you ever bumped into someone and they couldn’t speak anything but Spanish and you wanted to say excuse me in Spanish. Well that happened to me. In this lesson I will show you all kinds of different manors you can say in Espanol. It isn’t difficult at all.

1. When you say thank you, you say Gracia’s        It is pronounced Grrraaasia’s

2. When you say Thank’s a lot you say                    It is pronounced Moochass Grrraaasia’s

Muchas Gracias!!!!                                                

3. When you say Thank’s a Million you say           It is pronounced Miil Grrraaasia’s

Mil Gracias!!!!

There are several ways to say your welcome en espanol.  For a reminder when you see R’s in espanol, you role your tongue always.

The first way to say Your Welcome in espanol is:

1. De nada                 You pronounce it like this:             day na da

2. Por` nada              You pronounce it like this:              Poor` na da

3. No hay de que      You pronounce it like this:              No hay d ke

If you didn’t ever catch what someone said you would say in Spanish:

1. Como                    You pronounce it like this:                Co mo

Como is an easy word to say because the word has two O’s and you have to add a C in the beginning and an M in the middle of the word.

If you need to say please in Spanish you would need to say:

1. Por Favor             You pronounce it like this:                Poor` Favor`                           

There are three ways of saying excuse me in Spanish. They are:

Con Permiso (When someone is standing in your way)       You pronounce it like this:    Con Per me so

Disculpe (to get someone’s attention)                                        You pronounce it like this:    Dis culp ay

Perdon (if you accidentally bump into someone)                   You pronounce it like this:    Per` don

(Scenario)

William was walking very fast to get to work and he bumped into Samuel and this is what they said:

William: Perdon (Excuse Me)

Samuel:  Esta Bien (It’s ok)

William: ¿Como te llamas?

Samuel: Mi nombre es Samuel

William:  ¿Como?

Samuel:  Samuel

William: Mucho gusto

Samuel: Igualmente!!!