Descriptive Essay

Robbie McCormac Essay 9/14/11

The accident started on a Saturday Morning around 8 o’clock. My younger brother and I awoke and got out of bed. Sneakily went downstairs trying not to wake up my sleeping parents. As we softly crept downstairs softer then the foot steps of a mouse, we couldn’t help but giggle feeling like spies. I would put my hand in front of my little brother to try to get him to stop laughing. As we arrived down the green rug steps we sat and planned out how we were going to get the soda back upstairs from the kitchen. We wanted those bright red cans of coke all to ourselves. We approached the living room and sneaked through but we heard a noise and jumped behind the couch with lightning speed. We sat there, our hearts beating like we just escaped being chased. We slowly poked are heads out like marines looking over sand bags. We stayed towards the back of the couch slowly crab walking from behind it. We were out in the open crawling through the dinning room now going under chairs and the table. We finally reached the cold grey floor of the kitchen with that beam of bright light in the center of the floor. I stud up and slowly opened the refrigerator trying not to make a sound. I looked up and saw the big red box that said Coke A Cola.

I reached up and grabbed it! I yelled with excitement “we have it!” I tossed a can

to my brother while running through the dinning room. When we were running through the living room I happened to slip and the big red box flew out of my hands landing and breaking a picture on the wall. As the glass broke we heard noise from up satires and got nervous so we tried to clean up as fast as possible. We heard foot steps drugging down the steps. It was my mom looking over her picture. The picture was of two little boys who broke a vase and are just standing there not doing any thing. As my mom looks up she sees me and my little brother standing there not doing anything in front of this broken picture. She gives a little laugh and we all help each other clean up the mess.

It was 3 ball’s and 2 strikes. I looked down at the mat in front of me then look up and see my yard and friends. It was a hot July day the day that makes you sweat until your bone. I could feel the beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. I watched them like rain drops hitting the ground, as they hit the ground they would sink into the ground never to be seen again. I raised my eyes back to the pitcher and gave him a little head shake. It was like slow motion .I watched his arm raise up into the air I could see his veins tighten and his fingers slowly rolling of the ball. The ball was coming at me fast but it seemed like it was taking so slow. I gripped up on the bat like how Homer may choke Bart. The ball arrived but so did my bat they made contact and it sounded like a hurricane. The ball flew right out of my yard. I looked up trying to follow it but the sun was in my eyes. And I heard a loud noise like something broke. My friends and I gave each other an Igor look at one another as we walked over to the tall black fence we see a baseball sized hole in the window next door. I stand there confused on what I should do, Should I go over and tell them what happen or should I go back into my house and act like nothing ever happen. The fence is the only thing that stops me it’s telling me not to go I just stare at the ground with the thousands of pieces of broken glass. As I see my reflection in the pieces I walk away hiding what truly happen. I didn’t own up to my responsibilities. I felt confused it wasn't a serious problem but I felt bad inside.

Responsibility is hard to have and hard to keep once you mess up your trust is ruined like a car that got into an accident. People stop reliving you and they slowly go away and dissolve like pixels when you shut your t.v off. You can ether be honest and not for about your mistakes and tell the truth but that’s not every one, Some people dig graves for them self’s with the amount of lying they do. This is how I fell some times.

This reminds me of how people don’t own up to there mistakes. People do a lot of stupid things but it is important to own up to your mistakes because if they don’t it can cause problems in many different ways lying does not solve problems it only causes more. I have always tried my hardest to tell the truth and own up to my mistakes but it doesn't always work like that. I never really realized what it’s like to harbor secrets because I usually don’t keep any but it it’s you it wants to get out it tries to crawl through your voice box and climb right out of your throat trying to expose it’s self to the world. You can’t hep but wonder if your going to keep it for ever or if your ever going to forget about it. But deep down you know it’s going to be waiting for your moment of weakness.