Element Print(Phosphorus)-Lincoln Murray

Phosphorus is an element on the periodic table with the atomic number of 15. Phosphorus was discovered in 1669 by a man named Hennig Brand. Two major forms of phosphorus is white phosphorus and red phosphorus. Phosphorus is extremely reactive so it can never be found as an independent element. Phosphorus has many uses in organisms. It is a common element in the body and is often the cause for the growth and repair of cells. It is also used in many survival tools like matches and flares.
The process I went through to make this print was to first research phosphorus, then draw different sketches of what I might print, then I chose an idea and built off of it, then I actually printed the idea. If I were to re-print this I would probably add something like matches or flares to show how phosphorus has many other uses that are not related to living things. My favorite part of this project was the etching. I really enjoyed transferring my idea on paper to the plate. It also looked really cool when I was done etching.