Ethan Chen Slide Design

Slide Design

So for my me magazine I talk a lot about my passion with cars especially drifting and rally driving. So what I decided to have in my slide design is to have a visual of a car drifting because The Presentation Zen stated that we humans notice compelling images and also we can easily remember visuals. What Presentation Zen also taught me is to have only one point because if you put too much information, the reader gets bored of reading it and just pass. Also the audience wouldn’t be able to remember it all in less than 5 seconds because there’s too many words and we humans can remember things visually better than reading. So I decided to keep it short, a way for the audience to remember, understand that I am a very passion about cars, and make is humorous. I decided to use the word skrt skrt because it a common slang term for cars that is drifting on the road which is a perfect thing on my slide. I also play with the moment of my two words. I decided to have the word follow that car path so I organize the font in a way to make the words lead up to the car. What I also play around with the words is the font size and the color. For size, I wanted to have like a sort of noise effect like the closer the word is to the car, the more loud it is which I demonstrated by increasing the size of the word near the car. Then vice versa for the word father away from the car because the sound is now softer. I wanted the word to stand out from the light brown dirt from my background image of the car so the reader can easily see the word and also have this contrast of warm and cool colors. While doing further research, I found about the wheel of color which was a helpful tool to help find the right colors. To make my text stand out from the light brown, I use complementary colors which are colors that are directly opposite from each other and are useful when you want to make colors stand out. So I use the wheel of colors to find out the complementary color of light brown which is light blue. Finally, the light brown is a warm color and the light blue is a cool color to make a good contrast.