Final Stamp Design

​This stamp symbolizes me because I am an artist and a poet, and those are two important sides of me. Symbols that represent art and writing were represented on both sides of the M for my name, showing that these hobbies are important to me. This art piece was created after my brainstorm of words that represent my personality. I used the words artsy, poet, and stylish from my brainstorm, and incorporated them into my final piece. Within other assignments, I brainstormed complex art pieces involving snapping fingers for poetry, and a giant M with intricate designs on the pen and paintbrush behind it. From those, I realized that I needed to emphasize positive and negative space, and separated the pen and paintbrush from the M. This brought me to my final drawing, that ended up being symbolic of two parts of me that are equally important. Negative and positive space was important in my design, because when it was intricate and the pen and paintbrush were hidden behind the M, negative space was hard to determine since it was concealed and the details weren't seen. But, my final piece represents space nicely, because the details are separated for emphasis. I had solved the problem of my details not being seen by pulling the art utensils out, and exposing every detail, by cutting them up into pieces and sections. Figuring out how negative and positive space must be presented in art was hard, but the process of cutting out my art piece by hand made me realize the details more.