Friends Not Food #3

On today’s podcast, we explored author’s intent in “Life of Pi” by Yann Martel. We discussed the meaning behind the tiger, Martel’s ability to imitate a religious character, and the religious insight we gained from the book. Listen here! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1serbdN3RbvK20-KyLNfJbKPuXvugOoDx/view?usp=share_link

Evin Ortiz (Student 2023)
Evin Ortiz

I like how yall really express your thoughts on this book and how you were really able to just show what yall thought about themes and the stories of this book it's refreshing to just hear how yall actually feel.

David Friedman (Student 2023)
David Friedman

Having a conversation about religion was a good choice because of how relevant it is and because of all the different thoughts that people have about it. I liked how everyone contributed and was brought into the conversation.

Abigail Singleton (Student 2023)
Abigail Singleton

I like how authentic this podcast is, it feels like a conversation between friends! I like the analysis of religion in this podcast, and I especially like how you all didn't group religion into one box, and how you all recognized that it's a topic that varies from person to person. I also wanted to say that this group was very encouraging of the more quieter group members, and supported them by letting them know there were other questions for them to answer if they didn't have answer to what the group was talking about at the moment. Very interesting listen!

Samuel Gombiner (Student 2023)
Samuel Gombiner

I love the personalities that this podcast brings, you guys are all very unique and it pulls the listener in. Your analysis of the Religious aspect of the book and its relation to real world examples was interesting to hear.