Google Slide

Final Draft of Google Slide Tech
Hello, my name is Anthony Castro-Gomez and this is the google slide I have created based off of my research and the critique from my colleagues. My initial design consisted of a hoop and a basketball in the center of the image to set the tone of the slide. I also added in 3 words to explain the slide quickly so that the viewer can glance at it, look away, and be able to gather all of the information they needed. Finally, I made sure I added in a black background and made the words orange so that it pops out to the audience. I kept the original font and had a reflection of each of the words.
After presenting, my classmates suggested that I take out the reflection because it is distracting to the eye. They also recommended that I make sure that all of the words are placed reasonable distances from each other so it looks on point. Someway I decided to implement that was by using the words to follow the basketball as if it was an afterimage to make a more creative way to catch the viewer's attention. I changed the color of the words to match the basketball a little more because my classmates did mention how they liked how the words corresponded with the background and the basketball, so I kept a black background and made the font color dark orange to match the basketball. I was also told to change the font to something more fitting so I used the Lobster font since it looks smooth and pleasing to the eye, and in a sense more formal because it looks like cursive. 
The research helped me create a better slide because it teaches me how to grab people’s attention. With the image “bleeding” off the edge of the slide, it seems more like an ad, which grabs attention. I learned that the contrast between colors is important as well, a light color in front of a dark background is usually what people like. I used a dark color against a dark background so that it creates a more relaxed tone to the slide. Some sources I used to make this slide were http://youtu.be/axj8IedTzfc?hd=1 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (the video you provided us with), https://creativecommons.org, and Elements of Design Defined (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. To conclude, this was the final version of my google slide.