History

Over the last couple of weeks, my class has been focused on the keystone pipeline project. We as students all had an amazing and unique view of how we can get our massages across in a greater idea. We were asked by Our History teacher to write 3 monologues. As writers we all know that if we were ask to only write one, then the process of getting our points across, would have been a little too to easy. We believe that if you get your point across, not knowing what to say because you have loss all your ideas on the other one’s, and you are still manage to make sense of what you are talking about, then to us, that’s a very good definition of mastering and know what you are talking about. I wrote 3. I was the Pipeline itself, a 7thgrader and the soil. It was fun to find differ ways to come up with such creative pieces. I hope you enjoy.

I will fight for my rights.

Life gets hard as time goes by. I always knew this day would come, I knew that I was going to be a big part in this country, It all started when my ancestor wooden pipeline was created, 1865, in essence. I knew that I would be developing, because The Governors think that everything has to be developed. Like bye, your pushing it, is was never that serious.

I can feel all the pressure to the society, How everything is being “developed” according to the Head of states. It was always prophesied that I would be the topic of conversations. Later on in the years they develop domestic and international markets in a big way where they wanted to make things better so that they can get more benefit out of me. I loved all the attentions and all the fame. I loved the presidential debate, and the fact that I was center of attention?

I was a little too hype. But this was not what I wanted to be. I was concocted to help people and make life easier. My mission has failed because now they are using about 7billoin of the U.S.A poor people’s money. I will be the biggest and the longest pipeline ever built. According to my family history “The project, which would be the longest oil pipeline outside of Russia and China, has become a potent symbol in a growing fight that pits energy security against environmental risk, a struggle highlighted by last year’s oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico”. This is not my motive if I can help I would. But as for now it is what it is I hope they will not build me and if they do I am asking everyone who will be effect by me to please forgive me.

The people of Camden.

It’s that time of the year I receive seeds and crops from all parts of the United States. Farmers, gardeners, and non-profit people provide me with my needs. They give me their only hope so that I can grow them. They Moisturize, and feed me with water. Some people even go all out and get some special minerals and put them all over me. The famer treats me with respect and they show that is an honored to be in partnership with me. The famers of this town are the only reason why I can produce.

I have always loved helping people out here because they are very grateful. It was about last week I received an old farmer who came from Canada, he had an old friend of mine. Her name Shovel, she told me that she was just used to dig and plant down Canada. He when on and on about how she over heard, her masters speak on the behave of the Governors. They were going to upgrade the country but she never finished telling me because he had to go. her last words were you will not be here forever. I mean if this is their decision then there nothing I can do about it. But before this end I will like to speak about the time and what I have done for this place.

I am very important to them. I was a lot of help in all kinds of way, economically, house issues and even safety. So now is not the time to turn this fine little town we call Camden over to the hands of the amateurs. They don’t know what it takes to build a nation. So they’re trying to manipulate the brain of these good citizens, so that they can "so call” provide a lot of jobs for the people. The people of this town trusted me with their properties.

Now everything is clear I understand what Shovel was telling me. What she was saying is that they were building a pipeline all threw the U.S. I’m afraid, because I know that it is going to effect me in a big way. Couple years ago there was oil spill. It killed all the trust the people of the town had in my kind. These people were left empty some of these people whole life depended on me. Camden has always been poor towns were, people depends on the food they grow, without a good and healthy soil there is no Camden.

Hope

Mother do you even know what this means? (Pause) To you, to me to the land of the free. This is my home, and my comfort zoon; I don’t know what I will do now. I was born and raised in  Nebraska, I started day care down here and also elementary school. It is cruel and arrogant that the United States is breaking their promises. What happened to “land of the free”, or “is it free of the land”. Did that even make any sense? That is exactly how I feel. The fact that America holds false promises and false hopes is bothering me. 
I dreamed that one day I would make it out of  here and be able to come back to a place that I once called home. Mother are you listening? (Pause) Mother this is not fair I am not moving, I refuse to leave, my friends and my school. (crying) You know what, I will send a letter to the Mayor. Dear Jim Suttle
I am currently an 7th grade student at New foundation charter school, I heard that I was suppose to be moving because of a construction, They are suppose to be building a pipeline from Canada and all threw the United States. I don’t even have to tell you, about it because you know. I’m asking for your help, my mom is poor and we live in a project, who knows if we’re be able to find a home like this one. Sometimes you have to put yourself in other people’s shoes. The only reason why you are able to go back and help out in your community is because you yourself have a place call home. 
Since my mother and I heard about the good way of making things better, she has not been eating or saying anything for days. Who knows if she’ll die from worries? Not only that I am losing my home, but I am also losing my life. My mother is the most important person to me, she hasn’t even spoke to me in days. How would you feel? If my mom dies I am killing myself.

Sincerely: From one of us who cares.

https://vimeo.com/51723320