¡Hola, amigo! : How to ask where are you from to someone

Have you ever wanted to learn basic Spanish lessons about asking basic questions to someone? This lesson will be about asking someone about themselves, such as where are you from and where you live. This lesson will also teach you how to reply and answer to those questions.

As you can see in the picture below, the word tú at the end of the question means that you are talking to someone around your age. Ud. is when you are talking to an older person.

tú = person around your age
Ud.= person that is older than you, such as an adult

The word soy means I'm and de means from. So if you put it together, you get, I'm from. If you are from that place and you live somewhere else, you would have to say , pero vivo en. Meaning that you live somewhere else from where you are from. This is similar to saying, I'm from. You would just need to add, pero vivo en, after the place you are from. So its, Soy de (a place of where you're from) pero vivo en ( a place where you live, instead of where you are from).

After you tell where you're from and/or live, you can ask them, ¿Y tú ? or ¿Y Ud.? , meaning " And you?" or they may say, Yo tambien, which means " Me, too".

¿Y tú ? = And you?
Yo tambien = Me, too.

* All questions in español has an upside question mark before the question, another question mark, that is not upside down, is after the question.
*Exclamation points are similar to the question marks in questions. It has an upside down exclamation point before and after the sentence.

Example:
        ¿De dònde eres (tù)?
        ¡Gracias!  *meaning "Thank you!"
Here's a video of a Hispanic and an American student asking where they are from on their first day of school. This video can be applied in real-life, whereas a student, that knows only English, but can also communicate in Spanish to make them feel welcome on their first day of school. Enjoy the video.
Here's a link to learn the days of the weeks en español from Temperance and I.