Home Network- Bostani

Did you ever wonder how the magic of the internet happens? For the past couple of weeks, Ms. Hull has been teaching us how. What we discovered is that the internet comes into our house through a bunch of wires known as ethernet cables! The process goes by my ISP, Verizon FiOS sending the internet into my house! Verizon FiOS hooked the fiber-to-ethernet cable into a modem-router combination. The modem connects our household to the internet and sends packets into the internet. The router is what connects that modem to our internet by a wireless (Wi-Fi) signal! That Wi-Fi signal powers all electronic devices that connect to the internet in our house, such as two desktop computers, one laptop, two smartphones, a printer, and a PlayStation 3!

I didn't really know how much my internet connection cost, so that was my OMG moment throughout this unit! I also didn't know how your ISP, which in my case is, Verizon FiOS controls how quickly you receive your webpage. It literally costs my household about $120 per month to run all of my devices! Now, I challenge you to learn how your home network works. Specifically, I want you to know about what brings your internet into your house. I also want you to know how much it costs!