Humanities Portfolio 2011

Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 1.38.28 PM

Mr. Block’s copper stream was an excellent year, I feel that I have learned a lot throughout 2010-2011 school year. Even though I had my struggles I pulled through and give it my all to reach my highest learning skills for this class. We learned many wonderful things during this year and the one that I feel I had a better understanding for was the poetry unit. This particular unit made me feel better about expressing my thoughts and feelings into paper. Many of my poems let me express many of my feeling and thoughts.

My wiki page shows many of my sampled poetry and how I expanded my understanding into many ways of different poetry such an sonnets and many other ways to express yourself. Here is some of the many poetries on my Wiki Poetry page.

The majority of my writings this year, I developed a better understanding of general thoughts and thesis idea. Our first major writing assignment was our Descriptive Writing piece. With this project we learned how to make scenes that are vivid and descriptive; using extensive details and illustrative language; making the scenes easy to “see” in the readers mind.

As part of the Monologue Project, I wrote a play about a young girl that lives in India and struggles with the educational problems that are going on in her country because of the economy and their lack of money. This project gave me a better understanding of how it feels to not be given the educational needs that I am given freely. This assignment improved my skills in research and also in my writing skills as a young play writer. This was a very fun project to work on this year.

For History my favorite and most honorable project of the year was the Colonialism Exhibit, I created an interactive museum exhibit that illustrated the struggles of Ghana in Africa and how they gained back their freedom from British who colonized them for their riches of gold and other trade uses. Through this exhibit I wanted people to exit with a better understanding of colonialism. I also gained a better understanding myself during this project, I feel that is my best work throughout this year as one of Mr. blocks history student. I’m very proud that I finished this year on a strong note and are looking forward of future work with English and History.