2020 in Summary Podcast

Man 2020 has been a year and that’s all it has going for it. So I decided to do a podcast about it. I asked my siblings who range from 17-24 and asked them to join a discord server and talk for 10 minutes then edited it for a bit to get it to just under 2 minutes to meet the guidelines. But enough of the process lets talk about why it is relevant Well I think it is relevant because we talked about things that happened this year and we all had different viewpoints and experiences. Another thing about this project that I like is that it felt really real (because it was) due to it practically being a conversation between friends and family. It is a shame that the project was so short, I was only able to get two minutes of audio. So that is why I made an extended cut of the podcast. You can find the cut on my personal school YouTube channel if you are interested or interested. And that is my submission for NYT Coming of Age in 2020 project/competition

Notice: the extended cut is not a part of the submission it’s only there for those who want to see it.

Link to extended cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3mXAMlAcE

Amal Giknis (Teacher)
Amal Giknis

Caleb, I'm glad I clicked through and listened to the extended cut. This is such an original idea and I love how you brought it to life with multiple perspectives. You captured so much of what this year has been about in this podcast.