Just One More Time

I love you Wait,.. Wait... Please just give me a second.… I just want hold you .. Let me be yours again, .. No don’t go …I’m Sorry, I just want to talk , don’t go please. Just take a seat with me.. all I want to do is talk,that’s all nothing more. I just want to know how you’ve been, I miss you. I really do. I’m not lying. I’m a little hurt that you think I would lie about missing you. I care about you. You’ve been out so much lately, it’s like you completely forgot about me. I’m sorry if I was so controlling before. Sorry if I yelled at you. Sorry if I hurt your feelings and pulled you away from things that use to be important to you, I didn't mean to , it was just that I was afraid of loosing you, like I am now. I thought we would be soul mates, we would spend until death do us part together. but I guess you had other plans. I’m not here to make you feel bad about leaving me behind. That’s the exact opposite reason why I am here. I’m here because I want you back. Please don’t say anything yet. Don’t say it’s too late until you heard what I had to say. (sigh) Remember when you called me at your friend’s house because her sleepover was crazy boring, when you told her you had to go home early and I was there outside the house waiting for you. You were so happy to see me. the twinkle in your eye, the smile on my face, to see you so happy made me ecstatic. Man would I kill to see that smile on your face again because now your smile when you see me looks like a frown. I know that’s part of my fault but it does not have to be that way. I could make you smile like that again, if you gave me the chance. Please just let me finish. After that we took a stroll through the park and danced near that big fountain under the moon. You said it was the best time you ever had.Have you had any times like that since we broke up? Exactly. You won’t. I’m the reason you had good times like that. I gave you that sense of freedom and don’t tell me I didn’t because you told me that I did. That I made you feel amazing when I was around. Did I not? So why not come back to me? I could make you feel that way again. I could do so much more this time, I promise. It won’t be like the last time when , I mean if you come back. No, of course I’m not counting on it but it would be nice if you did. I said I was sorry. I didn’t mean to turn you against your mother. I just wanted you to myself more often and she was getting in the way. No, I didn’t mean that. Wait, please don’t leave me. I’m not done, you know that’s not what I mean at all. She didn’t get in the way. I liked your mom a lot, it’s that she didn’t like me. She kept saying I was going to hurt you pretty bad one day, and we both know that’s not true. Remember, she wanted you to stop seeing me and you were actually starting to listen. It was heart breaking, to see you pick sides. You didn’t even try to compromise. I’m in love with you and I thought you were in love with me. You never showed it. You would leave me all the time to be with your friends after school. You didn’t even think about me. I called night after night but you started to stop answering . You stopped all together after that one incident. I didn’t mean for it to get that bad. I really didn’t . I wish it had never gone that far. I tried to see you in the hospital but they said family only. I’m sorry. Do you forgive me?(small laugh) I knew you would. Being cigarette and all gives me the gift of being pretty persuasive. Actor: Imani Williams
Take 3

Tigidankay Saccoh (Student 2018)
Tigidankay Saccoh

1) I connected with this 'character', which is the inanimate object of a cigarette, because it showed emotions of just wanting to be with someone, even if you know you're bad for them. 2) A part that resonated with me is where it said, "I am the reasons you had good times like that" . This will stick with me because it reminds me that sometimes people desire what they do not need.

Jevon Price (Student 2018)
Jevon Price

I connected with the character because of the vulnerability that she had throughout the entire monologue. The best moment for me was when the character said that the mother told her that eventually she would hurt herself and the boyfriend. I liked this moment because that seems to be exactly what happened and the reason they are in the predicament there in now.