"Keeping up with the Macbeths" episode 5 part 1

“Keeping up with the Macbeths” is a reality show of Macbeth where two people film the happenings of Macbeth and document all the drama that occurs. We wanted it to seem like a real reality show, so when the video first starts, two people introduce themselves and give a summary of the upcoming episode and leaves the viewer wanting to continue watching. We wanted to dramatize the scene and try to make the movements and settings show the exaggerated feelings. Similar to the beginning, the outro is the same two people giving a preview to the next episode. All of these components create the reality show “Keeping up with the Macbeths” that mirrors the original play. One main choice we decided on was to have the doctor and gentlewoman looking at Lady Macbeth from a desk in qan official way. We decided to do this because we thought that in reality shows people often talk behind people’s backs to observe them and so that Lady Macbeth could have a space to herself. It looks like a professional consultation with the doctor and gentlewoman looking at Lady Macbeth from the side. Lady Macbeth is constantly moving around the room and she is even on the ground at this point. This happens to dramatize her movements since reality shows are often dramaticized to be more interesting to the audience.