Lobbying Topic #1

Revolving door: When a elective official to leave his position as a means to transfer into a position to work as a lobbyist the same goes for the versa. This can be called a form of corruption. This is an issue because of the information passed through using this method.

Ex.

Laurence Lessig called people to challenge the presidential candidates to promise that they will only appoint FCC commissioners who promise not to work for those who have regulated for at least 5 years after their term is over. He issued that call-to-action after the GAO found that the FCC is providing information to lobbyist about upcoming meeting agenda. Basically FCC members were lobbying information a week before its public announcement.

David E. Jeremiah: 
While serving on the Defense Policy Board, which advises the Secretary of Defense (Donald H. Rumsfeld at the time) on military strategy, was hired by Boeing Company as a consultant while it was seeking Pentagon approval for a $20 billion contract for aerial refueling tankers. "An internal Boeing e-mail message indicated that the men, Adm. David Jeremiah, a retired vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and a member of five corporate boards, and Gen. Ronald Fogleman, who retired from the Air Force, were to lobby Mr. Rumsfeld's office." 

Gill, Kathy. "The Revolving Door(and what can we do about it)."About.com. about.com/guide, Oct/18/07. Web. 24 Oct 2011. <http://uspolitics.about.com/b/2007/10/18/the-revolving-door-and-what-we-can-do-about-it.htm>.