Matthew Nguyen Home Network

1. My local area network mostly consists of wireless devices, such as a couple phones, televisions, and computers. The xbox 360 and Omen gaming Laptop however are both connected via ethernet along with an internet extender downstairs.  The Omen laptop’ connections to both the Samsung TV and the Router are not permanent and are only connected when at home.  

2. I have learned a bit about my network through this.  I finally found where the cable actually comes into the house, along with where the modem is.  I also learned that my internet comes in via coax rather than fiber despite having very low ping, 50/50 down and up, and my ISP being FIOS.  I also learned that my dad’s Dell Inspiron desktop is not connected via ethernet and is connected via wireless.

3. Something that I would tell people about ISPs are that they’ll probably lie to you.  They’ll create the image of something, but not exactly.  Also having a home network also requires both 2.4 and 5GHz connections as sometimes one may be too far or too slow.