Malachi Johnson Capstone

Throughout all four years of highschool the only thing that remained the same has been my passion for soccer. Meaning that it only made since to make something that I have gathered four years worth of knowledge of. For my capstone I decided to make a documentary on the reality of making to to the highest levels of soccer. In other words the reality of making it past high school soccer. The reason as to why I decided to choose this aspect of soccer is because it resonated with me the most my junior and senior year where it counted most. However due to the fact that there was never consistent support of the soccer team, there was never someone to assist us in the conversation of what comes after highschool. Is it possible for us to play at a Division 1 college for soccer? If so what are the steps we need to take to get there. The most important part of making this film was the relationship and community that I have become associated with over these years. I was able to get a variety of perspectives on this topic by interviewing a specific collection of people of who I think properly represent high school soccer. My goal of this is to show this share this video with kids in lower grades or even entering high school with dreams of playing soccer in order to ease them off of any of the similar confusion that I had coming up in the leagues.. Annotated Bibliography https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LO0Kw2VpX_joLy8T2Muj_lYViB4ONGpyQ87R92Tq8fc/edit?usp=sharing

​Throughout all four years of highschool the only thing that remained the same has been my passion for soccer. Meaning that it only made since to make something that I have gathered four years worth of knowledge of. For my capstone I decided to make a documentary on the reality of making to to the highest levels of soccer. In other words the reality of making it past high school soccer. The reason as to why I decided to choose this aspect of soccer is because it resonated with me the most my junior and senior year where it counted most. However due to the fact that there was never consistent support of the soccer team, there was never someone to assist us in the conversation of what comes after highschool. Is it possible for us to play at a Division 1 college for soccer? If so what are the steps we need to take to get there. The most important part of making this film was the relationship and community that I have become associated with over these years. I was able to get a variety of perspectives on this topic by interviewing a specific collection of people of who I think properly represent high school soccer. My goal of this is to show this share this video with kids in lower grades or even entering high school with dreams of playing soccer in order to ease them off of any of the similar confusion that I had coming up in the leagues..

Annotated Bibliography 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LO0Kw2VpX_joLy8T2Muj_lYViB4ONGpyQ87R92Tq8fc/edit?usp=sharing