Memoir Project

There were not any connections from Trevor Noah's memoir that influenced mine. Trevor expressed his own sense of identity and belonging through his vignettes by sharing scenarios that happened because of where he lived and the color of his skin that he was born with. There were not any moments that resonated with me for my story. Noah's writing did not impact mine at all. I did not use it as a reference and I just wrote what came to my mind. I guess the storytelling technique that I used for this was just putting down information. I did not use any humor or anything to spice it up. There is not any humor in my writing because I was not thinking about putting it in my writing. I explained the gaming culture as something that could the outsider reading might want to get into. I would like that since it is something that helps me and many others and it could help the new person joining the community. My vignette explains how much gaming culture has affected my friendships and how I cope with reality.

Memoir Project-Giacomo Giardinelli