Musical Instrument Blog #2

​ Sound is produced on a piano when the the little hammer like objects hit the strings and they begin to vibrate. The atoms build up and begin to bounce around, hitting eachother, very little because they have a limited space to move within. The amount of tension placed on the string as it is being hit changes the pitch. The characteristics that are necessary are the strings, the keys, and whatever is striking the string after the keys have triggered it. I will need some type of box or wood to build the exterior of the piano. Also I will need and object to strike the strings.  I need these materials because in order to get the sounds I'm attempting to get I need the proper materials that can produce that sound. I will most likely play my instrument by pressing keys or striking the strings manually. My plan for constructing the instrument is to make sure the base of it is stable and then also make sure everything is in the proper place so that I can make the sounds that i desire to create. One question I still have is if I mess up how will that effect the quality of my instrument.