My brother

My brother can be very stubborn when he gets passionate about something. If you have a younger brother, I’m pretty sure that you can relate to this. It is always the same story, we are at the mall and he wants a new video game- it doesn’t matter what the circumstances are, by the end of the day, he’ll get what he wants. I went to Brazil during the summer. It was my first trip alone [away from my family]. At first I was so excited and I couldn’t wait to get on the plane and fly far away from my irritating-stubborn-jealous brother.  The first weeks were perfect, just like I expected. After the first month I started to miss the stupid-jokes and silly-fights that my brother and I used to have. Sometimes you don’t realize how much you care about someone. Sometimes you forget about the small-but-precious details that show that you love them. Don’t get me wrong. I still think that my brother is a silly-stubborn boy but I love him. I love him for sitting next to me quietly when I’m upset, for all the silly jokes that make me laugh every morning, for thinking that someday he will be strong enough to protect me, for not getting mad when I kick him out of my room, for eating the tomatoes of my sandwich for me [even though he hates tomatoes], for letting me borrow his iPod whenever I want to, for baking me a cookie for valentine’s day, for crying because he didn’t have any money to buy me something for my birthday.  I love my brother even though I never tell him that I do.