111 North 21st St.

Reflection Questions:
  •   How does this project relate to the real world?

The project relates to the real world because people need to know the dimensions of buildings all the time. They need to know this to plan the street designs for neighborhoods. Building dimensions need to be known by architects, building commissions, and others. Building dimensions need to be known in order to make maps. They need to be known in order to design the buildings themselves, and the buildings around it. It’s how cities and neighborhoods are designed. That is way building dimensions are important. This project relates to the real world because what we did in the project is applied to every day life. 

•      
  • What was the most exciting portion of this project and why? What was the least exciting portion to this project and why?

The part of this project that i likes the most was drawing the buildings. This is probably due to the fact that I like to draw. It was also a pretty easy part of the project. This least exciting part was using google map maker because it was annoying to use, and it took a while. It wasn’t particularly enjoyable. I didn’t mind doing the calculations because they were pretty easy. Using the different methods to determine the hight of the building was interesting. I likes the mirror method the best. I liked learning about the varies methods. 

•       
  • What did you learn from completing this project?

I learned a lot about hight finding methods throughout this project. I learned how to use methods like the mirror methods, and others. I learned about how to calculate area and perimeter. I also learned how to use google map maker, which I had never done before. I also got better at using google maps, and google earth. I learned how to use the stick method, and the picture method ( even though I didn’t use them). I learned a lot about how to draw buildings to scale. This project taught me a lot about how to find the area, the perimeter, and the height of buildings.

Photo on 3-18-13 at 3.00 PM
Photo on 3-18-13 at 3.00 PM