Panic

My mother and I were outside a mall that had apparently been built around the corner from Ben Franklin High School in Philadelphia. It was dark, and in a relatively shady section of the city. As we were walking to the car, one of the students pulls a gun on her and threatens not to scream or he will shoot. We're freaking out and she's trying her hardest not to scream and she manages to push his arm away so that when the first shot was fired it was not aimed at her head. This also forces the gun from his hand and thrown several feet away. I scramble to retrieve the gun and the assailant immediately takes off. I chase after him firing several shots. I see him fall - I got him! By this time, however, an army of kids from the local high school start has congregated around us - so many that we couldn't even push our way through to get in the car. The started coming after us and so I threatened them with the gun, not afraid of any legal repercussions I might face for firing at them. I didn't know what to do so I ran. Ran as fast as I could, hoping to get shelter at the high school. I didn't realize, however, that I was being chased. He was much faster than I was. When he caught me he also exposed a gun and warned: "Ya know, it's six o clock. The rest of the Ben Franklin kids will be getting out soon and you will be helpless." To my delight, I see a cop riding his bike nearby and I was able to get his attention. This must have spooked the kid because he ran off - probably to meet back up with the rest of the group. The cop agrees to help and the three of us walk back to the car.

--And thats when I woke up, angered that I won't know how this dream turned out.