Printingmaking Blog Post

The element that I have is Chromium and the atomic number is 24. It's a metallic element that people would need in a very small amount. Chromium is connected to metabolism of carbohydrate, fat, and protein. Chromium helps us to regulate blood sugar and helps transport glucose into cells, which is used for energy. Chromium was discovered by Louis-Nicholas Vauquelin while experimenting with other materials such as Siberian red lead. He mixed crocoite with hydrochloric acid which helped him discovered Chromium.
I got this idea for the imagery that I chose through researching what Chromium is and some examples that were shown throughout my research. The process that I went through to make this print was I first did some research on my element, then I sketched out different images of it and I picked an image to carve through the printmaking paper to the tablet. After that, I used printmaking ink and rolled it all over my tablet with a roller. I then settled my tablet on the table and put a white sheet of paper on top of the printed side. The last step was to use a wooden spoon to smooth the white paper out so the image will go through.
Something that I would do differently if I did this print a second time is to put a little bit more ink on the tray so there wouldn't be some white spaces on the edge. Using the roller was my favorite part of this project because it was really satisfying to roll through my carved tablet and the tray. I first squeezed some ink on the tray and started rolling it to smooth the ink out and rolled it on my carved tablet.