Printmaking Blog Post-Nickell Caesar

IMG_E0998 - Edited (1)
IMG_E0998 - Edited (1)
My element was Caesium, it's atomic number is 55. Caesium was discovered in 1860, by german chemists Robert Wilhelm Bunsen and Gustav Robert Kirchhoff. Caesium was named after the blue lines that was observed in its spectrum. The most common use for Caesium is as drilling fluid, but it is also used for atomic clocks, which is an important part of the internet and mobile phone networks. I made a drill for my imagery, because caesium is used as the drilling fluid within drills, and used blue paint because the element got its name for the blue lines within its spectrum. I decided that making a drill would be the best option because it wouldn't be hard for people to understand what I was trying to make and it would be interesting ways to show this by using positive and negative space. If I was to print a second time, I'd use some more paint on my paper, because, there was some white spots still left on the matted print. I enjoyed the actual printing part, because it was cool seeing the reversed image coming out the correct way, it was so satisfying.