Project Reflection

Our first project in history this year was an in depth look at immigration into America. I didn’t find this project too difficult or too easy. It was a perfect combination of both. I think that the groups were good picks. I also liked how this project took something that we already knew, but showed it in depth and showed us each something different.

I was shocked and not surprised during this project. The data we have gathered is that even though over time America has had their ups and downs with the rate of immigrants coming into America. I knew that before, but I never knew why. I have learned that their were different acts that allowed some types of people to come in and not to come in. 

I feel like the amount of U.S immigrants will decrease over time. The word has spread that America is the land of the free and of opportunity. The U.S.A isn’t that much different than some other countries, so people will start immigrating everywhere else. Eventually all the countries will have almost the same views, maybe not in his century but someday. When that day comes immigration will definitely slow down because people will have the same options as America, but closer to their home.

We thought we should have it interesting so people wouldn’t be bored, but also show that we know our facts. Korah came up with the prezi.com presentation and its was super cool. We wanted to have some visuals but still have words so we could stay on track. We followed the 10 word rule and overall I think our presentation was a success.

Group work was challenging because we didn’t know what the other people were doing and when it was done. It was also challenging that we didn’t really understand things the same as our group members. I know I was confused on the push and pull aspect of the project but after my group members explained I understood it better. Another challenging thing is trying to get done on time. I know mine was a little late and I didn’t find this project easy or too challenging.

I would get all of my work done early so we could have time to check it, add, or practice the presentation. Other than that I honestly wouldn’t change anything. I think our presentation was great and our facts were good.

I liked this project and I am excited to see what else we do this unit. I know it was a little difficult because we didn’t have you in the room with us while we were working on it, but I feel like we essentially did good.