Prom date?

As of 30 minutes ago, I now have Dyamond for a new prom date. For the past month I was suppose to be taking my friend Vanessa on prom. Vanessa and I aren't dating, but we're friends. Ever since we agreed to go on prom together, I have been asking her about her dress and if she has found something that she liked. For the past couple of weeks, I did not want too seem like that I was bugging her, but time is running out I and needed to know whether she found a dress. Plus, the down payment for prom is due tomorrow and I wasn't going to pay for her ticket because I felt as though she became disinterested in attending. Every time I would text her about prom and ask her about her dress, she wouldn't respond. Last Saturday I received a text from Dyamond asking if I wanted to be her prom because she didn't have anybody to go with. I told her that I would check on Vanessa to see if she still wanted to go during the week and I'll let her know. Tuesday night arrived and I was texting Vanessa. We were texting for a good hour or so. That's when I asked her if she found a dress or not. As expected, I didn't get a response back for the rest of the night. That's when I decided that I would just ask Dyamond if she wanted to go on prom with me. Fast forward to last period, I asked Vanessa one more time if she wanted to go on my prom and if she had a dress yet. Of course, I didn't get a response. So i texted her back and just told her that I was going to take my friend Dyamond instead. This is what she texted back, "Alright Tajh, I meant to tell u that my mom said that she not gonna be able to afford it." When I read that I wanted to cuss her out badly, but I decided to be an adult about it and not cuss her out. I just simply texted back "You could have told me that earlier but it's cool." Now she keeps apologizing and I just don't really care no more to tell you the truth. At least at the end of the day, I have a date and I'm happy with the person I'm taking because Dyamond is a good friend of mines.