Recognize, Adjust, Navigate, Decide, and Yawn?

Randy Le

Think about yourself. Give yourself credit where it’s due. We all have our strengths and weaknesses but that doesn’t mean I do too. In response, I will be diving only into my three respective strengths which is perseverance—to not give up, determination—to stick with a goal, and lastly, curiosity—to find new things and make mistakes. Also, if you haven’t noticed, the first letter from each word in the the title, spells out Randy!

Just Keep Going, Just Keep Going...

In my eyes, perseverance means to never give up. It is the effort to keep going despite the challenges or difficulties you run into. No matter how many times you may get rejected or how many times you seem to “fail”, you keep going. Ever since I was born, I was one who kept trying even if it took hours or many loses. One time, I was challenged by my cousins to beat them in a game of basketball. It was a 3v3 but they were much older and bigger. Despite the size, growth, and skill advantage, my team was still willing to keep going. I believe this strength of perseverance isn’t only applied to me when given a group situation because it was brought to my teammates and we were able to take the win. Unfortunately, we lost the next game but that’s besides the point.

It’s Hard For a Reason...

When I was younger, I was taught to do one thing at a time and to stick with it. My father would always “If you’re going to do something, do it. If not, don’t do it.” This stuck to my ribs and ever since, I defined it as determination—to stick with a goal. Determination has been a well-known strength of mine. I want to succeed but the main part about how I define determination is the parts where you struggle. The struggle is where you learn the most from and after you overcome them, you become overall stronger.

Did Curiosity Really Kill The Cat?

Curiosity is one of my favorite and respective strengths. While it may be one that can be overlooked, I feel like the potential of the strength can be incredibly important. The new ideas that are formed and accepted allow for unexpected results that can be good or bad. If it’s bad, then you can learn from the mistake and flesh out a new idea from it. To add to that, curiosity has personally brought me to a point of life where I am able to express my creativity in ideas.  

How Does This Help Me With CTE Engineering?

With the combination of the strengths, I believe my time as an engineer would be great. In my eyes, part of engineering is learning through trial and error. Being able to fight through challenges and continuing going for success is a crucial strength in learning. To add to that, my strength of curiosity can bring new ideas in times where I might be stuck or when I am just having fun. Nonetheless, these strengths can positively influence my time in the CTE Engineering Program including my time at JMT Engineering.