Road to Affordable Healthcare

The Road of Affordable Healthcare

The world is a broad topic, from the people on it to the nature to everything. The You and the World project is a project that challenges students to approach a specific problem that is relevant in the world. Something that one is passionate about, which is why I chose Affordable Health Care as my topic. Why am I so passionate about this topic? This is because my mother is a nurse, I’ve seen her patients that rely on affordable health care, such as Obamacare. Also, I want to know more about healthcare because I seek to become a physician in the future.

You may have not heard of the Affordable Healthcare Act but you may have know what Obamacare is. It is dubbed that because it was a law passed on US president Barack Obama’s authority. In the end they are both the same thing. The Affordable Healthcare Act’s objective is to provide more Americans to health insurance and care. It offers Americans benefits when they have a life changing moment,like getting married or having a child. If the participant is below the poverty line then Obamacare offers a lower cost ( Obamacare Facts).

Affordable Healthcare Act’s logo.

Affordable Healthcare is important because without it, families would have to pay more on hospital bills (Benefits of Healthcare). They would also get less care than others which is why Healthcare is a necessity. Healthcare provides health insurance. Health insurance is definitely not the same as car insurance. Poor families have benefited from the Affordable Healthcare act. About 11 million people have signed up for Obamacare and depend on it, according to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Even though those facts are true, president Donald Trump wants to take away the Affordable Healthcare Act (Donaldś statement). He believes that taking away this healthcare will help others. Why take it away if so many Americans rely on it to survive? These people have families that they have to take care of too.

Donald Trump making speech.

Affordable Health care is one important step to helping poor families. Taking care of yourself and family is a priority that most people adhere. During hectic times like this, anything can happen. Being insured is a splendid feeling to have that many don’t acknowledge. By all means, the Affordable Healthcare Act isn’t perfect but it’s better to help others rather than not at all. I care about Obamacare because I’ve seen how it has helped countless people in my mother’s health clinic.

America is a wealth country but there are still many people who are struggling with money. These people work hard to purchase necessary expenses. Health care is so important that it could determine between life or death. That is why I wonder why Donald trump was so eager to take away the Affordable Healthcare Act without having something else to replace it? How has Obamacare change the participant's lives? Following up to this I plan on interviewing a nurse who teaches patients about Obamacare and an Obamacare user. As I get deeper into this project, I hope to learn more of the benefits of Obamacare.

Annotated Bibliography

Sara Frunzi (Student 2020)
Sara Frunzi

I agree with everything you've said. This is a really important topic that is relevant to life in America in the 21st century, especially in a big city like Philly. I like that you related this to your mother's job and your future job, and how Trump's decisions will impact so many people. This is something that may soon be something an even bigger problem, and I can relate due to my family being one of the ones that rely on Medicaid.

Andrew Cheatley (Student 2020)
Andrew Cheatley

I agree with you completely. Trump is going to take something away that many people in this country need. I'm glad that you're doing a project about it so hopefully, it could reach people higher in power that can do something about it.