Senioritis

Artist Statement:

I set out to learn about seniors and their struggles throughout this year. How my work incorporated the art of story telling was by incorporating different thoughts and answers to the questions I asked. To make it have that type of story flow, I incorporated how I felt during this senior year. What I hope the audience gains is insight on how other seniors felt during this year, and whether it was similar to how they feel or not. What I gained from doing this work was that, the majority of the students I interviewed had the same answers, and they were more laid back during there senior year.

Senioritis-A lack of motivation by  students who are close to graduating, which  also includes laziness and a lack of studying.

Every single thing distracted me this year as a senior, I’m actually pretty surprised how I was given A’s in the majority of my classes this year. My procrastination kicked in five time stronger than it was in 11th, 10th and 9th. I have a lot of regrets as student this year, because I wish I was more organized. I wish I was able to just complete the assignments instead of day dreaming or binge watching series. At the beginning of the year, I was a go getter as always, then I get comfortable, and lazy. I began to get side tracked by other things, I was always distracted by either something or someone.

After a couple of months, school was no longer a place where I was able to peacefully do my work. Instead of doing my assignments in school I would wait until I got home to do my work. Home, wasn’t a place to do work either, I didn’t know what I was able to do to over come my procrastination and senioritis. I began to make check lists for myself every week, including the different assignments and projects that were due each week. I had to make the change to become more organized, because when in college, I won’t have the time to procrastinate and wait until the last minute.

This senior year,has widened my eyes to the things that I never really payed much attention to. I’ve learned from my mistakes in order to not make those same mistakes in the future. I intended to better myself, so I could become more organized, but I never knew how that was going to happen, or how I would discipline myself to became this person I wanted to be and become after high school in a learning area. 

Media: Podcast