South Africa & Haiti Collapsability

Here is the link to googledoc on South Africa & Haiti Collapsability.

For my quarter 3 benchmark I chose Haiti and South Africa. After I selected my countries, I decided to do some more basic research on the countries. Then I created a word document where I listed the 5 categories: environmental damage, climate change, trade partners, hostile neighbors and society's response. Under each I listed facts about the topics. Once I had my facts, I began elaborating on findings about the category. It was pretty easy to rate my 5 points. Most of the categories were either really well of or really bad the only one that seemed to be in between were climate change for both I picked 5 for Haiti and South Africa.

I ran into some trouble when I was doing my ratings. I mixed up the difference between 10 and 0 for Hostile Neighbors. I was more focused on the writing aspect of my project than choosing the correct number for my ratings For hostile neighbors 10 = no hostile neighbors and 0 = surrounded on all sides by hostile neighbors. Both countries have few hostile neighbors, Haiti has none because everyone is chipping in to help after the earthquake and South Africa hasn't been in a significant amount of trouble with other countries since the 1980's during the Apartheid.  So Haiti's rating is supposed to be 10 and South Africa's is supposed to be 9. I couldn't make this change in my digital product because it started off as a keynote then I turned it into a movie, for me to go edit this minor error I would have to edit the keynote, export it, re-upload it to school tube, then re-post it to the blogger, which would take an awful long time.

If there was anything I could change about my project, it  would be making sure all of my ratings were correct.