Story #4: The Winter of Pain

In the fall of my junior year of high school, I started to develop a new ailment. It seems I would have a stuffy nose everyday and it seemed every other week, I'd end up with a cold. I didn't know what was going on. Finally, mom took me to the doctor and I found out I was getting sinus infections. So I was put on an antibiotic and was sent on my way. Finally it was cleared up and I was all better.

For the first couple of months, I kept getting infections and having to take antibiotics for them. Then, one day during winter break, I couldn't eat anything. I thought it was nothing so I just ignored it. As the day went on, I got sicker and sicker until I couldn't even move. My parents called the doctor and they just said I was dehydrated so I just had to keep drinking liquids, but sadly those didn't help. My parents took me to the doctor's office and had to run test on me. They found out that I had a stomach infection.

"How did that happen?" I asked. It turned out that I got it from taking too many antibiotics in such a short amount of time. I was out of school for a week, unable to eat anything but Girl Scout shortbread cookies.

Once I was better, I had to be taking back to the doctor. They said I had lost 6 pounds. I finally got back into school, I missed so much work. I promised not to get that sick ever again