Teron's Capstone

Sports are my passion. I enjoy watching sports and playing sports. Sports have changed my life over the years. They bring joy and excitement to my life. For my Capstone Project I decided to make a website talking about the world’s most famous sports. I created this website because I wanted to learn more about some sports I never watch like soccer, tennis and golf. Also for people who want to learn about sports that don’t know where to start. I picked a total of 9 sports for this website. Basketball, Football, Soccer, Hockey, Swimming, Boxing, Tennis, MMA and Golf. For each of these sports I talked about its history and origin of the sport, the rules of the sports, the greatest players of all time, and facts about the sports. I also added some topics that drew attention that I feel like people would actually find interesting to read, such as How sports changed society? I talked about the positive impact on sports and how motivating athletes’ stories are. Sports and Politics/Protest. I talked about Important Events with athletes protesting in sports, Colin Kaepernick’s Protest Timeline and Lebron James “Shut up and Dribble.” Sports and Masculinity. I talked about what toxic masculinity can lead to outside of sports if it gets bad. Sports and Racism. I talked about problems with racism in sports. Last but not least Women in sports. I talked about women fighting for equal rights in sports and I named a lot of great women athletes.

Link: https://sites.google.com/scienceleadership.org/teron-capstone/home