Teron's Lit Long

Teron Ingram Lit Log #1 4.8.22 Ms. Giknis

Instead of the movie being called Psycho I would name it either The Boy and His Mother. This title sounds basic but it does sound really scary and it would shock the audience to find out his mother is actually dead at the end of the film. For the poster I just used a simple close up shot of Norman Bates with It saying “Alfred Hitchcock’s The Boy and His Mother in red to represent blood. Not too much going on so I don’t give out a lot of detail just from the poster. I would make a dark and creepy movie trailer and poster to advertise it to the viewers because if it looks good it will draw attention from an audience that likes these types of movies. My decisions would communicate the meaning of the film by exploring both two main ideas which are mental help issues and the relationship a boy and his mother has. In 1960 mental health issues were seen completely differently compared to 2022. The views on mental health issues in the 50s and 60s are that you are considered a lunatic and defective and were sent off to asylums. My decisions would communicate the tone of the film by keeping it suspenseful. This movie did a great job to draw suspense. Watching this film in the 60s would have you on your feet from start to finish. Throughout the whole movie you knew something was going to happen just didn’t know when. Something in my head told me Marion was going to die at some point during the movie, we just didn’t know who was going to kill her or when she was going to die.​​ My decisions would communicate the genre by keeping it the same as the original film with horror, thriller, psychological horror, slasher and mystery being the genres. This movie killed it , and it really changed horror films. Overall the film was good. I really enjoy it even though I’m not big on horror movies. My one negative is I would change the pace of the film because at times it felt slow and some scenes felt dragged out for way too long making me bored and lose a little interest while watching it. Other than that this film is really good and it was definitely ahead of its time for many reasons such as the drawing suspense, camera shots, unique plot and mystery.

The Boy and His's Mother-2