The 20 Weirdest People in Philadelphia - Tim Abbott

The 20 Weirdest People in Philly - Tim Abbott.docx

Gabrielle Hart (Student 2024)
Gabrielle Hart

I like this style of writing because it gives you the option to take the characters stories in different ways. You don't follow a specific story line which I think is a unique approach in this project. I also enjoyed how the first two stories highlighted that people can have completely different perspectives on what happens in a single moment. She is overthinking about what the man over the tricycle is thinking while he just has a good story to tell and isn't necessarily judging her at all.

Larissa Pahomov (Teacher)
Larissa Pahomov

Along with Indi's piece, this story is giving me big ideas on some collaborative projects we could do in the future quarters. You have a talent for voice, Tim — the challenge is tuning into that voice and letting it come through.

Gabriel Rogers (Student 2024)
Gabriel Rogers

I loved how you let the reader into each of the characters heads to see different perspectives of situations and link their stories. Your creativeness with each story was very entertaining.

Brandon Kay (Student 2024)
Brandon Kay

The use of many characters rather than just switching between two or three for the whole story is a really good idea, and the crossover between the first two stories is really interesting.

Sania Galloway (Student 2024)
Sania Galloway

I like the different perspectives that you show your characters having. I found joy in seeing different snapshots that depict each character's personality. Their one-dimension nature based off of an aspect about themselves maks for a simple and entertaining read. There are also some personal aspects that a reader could connect with.

India McLeod (Student 2024)
India McLeod

I noticed you had a bunch of characters with small stories. I think that was a really creative thing to do for this project and makes it stand out because it's almost not even a story. It reminds me of one of those unique and rare books you get to read that leaves a great memory of it in your mind. Great job.

Trent Rodgers (Student 2025)
Trent Rodgers

Your story was amazing in the way that it stemmed off from a different perspective, especially since some of them were connected. I think you succeeded in establishing characters, and who they were, and how they differed from one another! The story definitely could've used more plot, it seemed more of just people saying things rather than any type of story going on.

Thorne Englander (Student 2025)
Thorne Englander

this was a really fun read its lighthearted and I liked how some of the stories connected to each other. I think these characters are super interesting and given just enough time to shine but not enough to be annoying

Thorne Englander (Student 2025)
Thorne Englander

Marly Leventon (Student 2024)
Marly Leventon

You executed this concept really well. I feel like you could have gone in a lot of different directions with this writing, but I really liked how you kept it light and funny, and decided to connect some of them too.