"The Rear Window Watcher" Lit Log #1

I decided to take a more modern approach for the film cover I made compared to the original one. Instead of an older style with minimal color I went for an eye popping color scheme which I feel would draw the viewer in and make them more interested. The cover I made also reminds me of a few book covers which really gave me the inspiration to make something like this. Even though it’s an older movie I thought why not approach it as if the movie was made in today’s day and age. It’s pretty simplistic but I still feel the concept of the film gets across. I would advertise the film in a way that would make people question “How much privacy do we really have?” With social media nowadays there’s barely any privacy. People pretty much have access to parts of our lives just by searching our name on the internet. It’s a scary thing, so my goal would be to make people more aware. Throughout the film the theme of voyeurism is explored and really leaves viewers questioning the privacy they have in their own homes. Though Jeff watching out the rear window led to him catching a murderer this obsessive “ watching” of people out a window isn’t a good thing, and is an invasion of privacy. The portrayal of privacy in Rear window was invasive and made me as a viewer see just how little privacy we have in society and even more so now with the rise of social media platforms. I didn’t want to change the name too much so the name is pretty much the same but instead of “ Rear Window” it’s the “ The Rear Window Watcher” which adds a bit of suspense. I changed this in hopes of people wondering who’s watching out of this so-called rear window.