Lit Log #2

Lost boy-Ruth Boy This song is a good representation of the book because how in the early age of the book they were kinda lost. They were lost in where they were and also in who they are. They didn’t really know who they were because they were all by themselves and had no one around them to remind them who they were. I also think that the whole book is kinda about how they are lost in a way where they are always walking down this long lonely road with really nothing to do but play with junk or try to find food.

Stronger-Kelly Clarkson This song is a pretty good representation of the book because the song is based on whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Which I think helps describe the book because in the book the man and the boy have been through a lot and had injuries and have been sick to the point where they wanted to quit or die but ended up fighting through it and moving on. Like when the man had bad soup and had the worst stomach ache ever and wanted to die and told the boy he wanted to die but he realized that what didn’t kill him made him stronger.

Stayin’ Alive- by the Bee Gees This song is a good representation of the book because of how they say staying alive. It symbolizes how the man and the boy need to stay alive in order to survive. So they need to be getting food almost everyday and making sure they are getting good rest and good rest in a good place to rest. You would think that the man would have a better mindset about making sure they stay alive the longest out of everyone left but the boy also really wants to stay alive because he realizes how important his life is and what meaning it has.

Eye of the Tiger – Survivor This song is a good representation of the book because of how they are like tigers. They need to be alpha and leader of where they are to make it out alive. They need to be like warriors if they wanna be taken seriously and I think they know that because they have weapons and have used their shotgun before to shoot someone, so they are not afraid at all to use it against someone. Which is good because then people will know who not to mess with and then they won’t have anymore trouble throughout the whole road.

Count on Me- by Bruno Mars This song is a good representation of the book because of how the kid can count on the man and the man can count on the boy. They can both count on each other and that’s what makes their bond so strong. The boy counts on the man to provide a lot and make sure they are safe and have food to eat while the man counts on the boy to make sure the man doesnt go insane and that their supplies stay with them. Also how they will always be there for each other and wont stab each other in the back no matter what. Even though the man has thought about it sometimes when they were really struggling.