American History: Extra Credit... VOTE

Handing out the voter handouts was very interesting. People are very ignorant and do not even like to inform themselves in this city we live in. The first question I would ask before even explaining what the hand out was,  “Are you voting?” The responses that I received from that were somewhat amusing. The very first person I asked repulsed and refrained from the whole conversation I was willing to give, he simply shook his head and said “Nahh, I don’t want to hear it.” Then after going around I finally caught hang of the job and was informing people on the rights as a voter. I heard some interesting reasons on why not people were going out to vote on November 2nd and the simplest was “No, I have work.” The most unusual was “I can’t, I’m not a U.S citizen.” That really caught my attention. That lady wasn’t a citizen… I pondered the fact she was here..? But I wouldn’t dare have had questioned her.  When I was at Margaret and Orthodox I even stopped into some lady who didn’t know any English, yet she still took my handout and smiled. I would have to say that, informing people on their rights, as a voter in this country was really unique today. I do believe I made a difference today, if that counts for anything.

(P.S. Philadelphia’s Margaret and Orthodox Station needs a clean up, badly)

Photo0520
Photo0520
Photo0521
Photo0521