Blog Post #4

​My partner's name was Johnny from Colombia. We spoke in Spanish over video chat and he also spoke English very well, so if I had a question I would send it to him over a text chat. We did drills of conjugation and he also spoke to me about the culture in Colombia. I was having problems with saying things in the future tense when I would mean the past tense. I was happy because Johnny knew a lot of English and assisted me regularly. At some

What did you learn about your partner? 

I learned that Johnny lives in Colombia and is still in college studying computer engineering. He lives in a dorm and enjoys hanging out with his friends, hiking, playing guitar and drinking wine. Johnny also sent me a remake of the Black Eyed Peas song "I got A Feeling" it was really good, and I enjoyed listening to his music.

What did you learn from them?

I learned that a lot of the music that I listen to in America they listen to as well. The thing is that I think the music takes a little while longer to get to them. I also learned how to conjugate irregular verbs in the future, present and past. I also learned about the culture of Colombia, many of the people are huge fans of Shakira.

What did you learn about yourself?

I learned that when I begin to screw up a bit, I mess up things that I already know because I get nervous. I also learned that I need to relax and not take things so seriously when I'm speaking and if I make a mistake it's okay.

What were you surprised about?

I was surprised that we had such a long conversation but I was also glad that we got the opportunity to talk and that he agreed to help me out.

What are you proud of?

I'm proud that I was able to hold a conversation in Spanish for a good amount of time.

Skype-ish
Skype-ish